A four-week coaching programme to help you make the most of your free time to write your work of art. It’s hard to get started when you’re going it alone.
This programme is for you if you are desperate to get writing right now. I will offer you stringent accountability and help you develop a regular writing habit
I’ll ask you questions to help uncover any issues or creative blocks that are getting in your way; if you don’t know where to start, we will work out the steps to get you going; if you’re afraid to share your work, we will build up your confidence.
Whatever your situation, we will come up with a goal for our coaching calls, and break it down week by week, and we can also develop a longer-term goal for you to work towards after the coaching is over.
I don’t read your work outside of our calls, however, during our calls, you can pitch your idea to me, we can brainstorm your idea together, we can go over covering letters, your bio (for your CV, Twitter or Linkedin), strategies for getting your work out there, how to approach agents, publishers or producers, and I can also review short documents up to 4 pages within our call. If you need more of a critique, I can arrange that. See here for prices.
I promise to be on your side throughout the programme, to talk through whatever issues are interfering with your writing, help you set goals and come up with a plan, to hold you accountable and cheer you on.
In return, you commit to working with me, your coach, and to putting aside the necessary time to doing the writing, even when it’s tough.
I’m not a wizard – I can’t wave my wand and make the process effortless. So while writing can be joyful, especially when you develop a daily habit, it can also be hard work – and the coaching will only succeed if you’re committed to buckling down. If struggling to find the time is your issue, we can work on that together.
- This programme includes 4 coaching calls and unlimited email contact.
- Our first call will last one hour; we’ll talk about your goal, what’s been holding you back, and come up with a detailed plan to make it happen.
- To follow, we will have three 40 minute skype calls, at appropriate intervals, to discuss your progress and any difficulties you’re having and revise the plan as necessary.
- In our final call, we will see how you have got on, and come up with a plan for your next steps.
- In addition, you will also receive regular text messages to check in with your progress, and remind you of your goals. You’ll also receive a set of writing prompts – for you to use as and when you come up against a block.
If there’s anything else you’d like to know, drop me a line here.