A six-month coaching programme for the resolute writer who wants to get stuck into a big chunk of work.
If you’re in it for the long haul, it’s good to have someone cheering you on.
This programme is for you if you’re dedicated to one big idea, and are ready to immerse yourself in it. Perhaps you want to work on a film script, a play, or novel, you have your outline, and you’re ready to embark on your first draft. Or perhaps you are launching into your second draft and are ready to get down to business. Or maybe you want to work on a collection of short stories.
I’ll use questions to help uncover any issues or creative blocks that are getting in your way. We will come up with a goal for our coaching calls, and break it down week by week.
I don’t read your work outside of our calls, however, during our calls, you can pitch your idea to me, we can brainstorm together, we can go over covering letters, your bio (for your CV, Twitter or Linkedin), strategies for getting your work out there, how to approach agents, publishers or producers, and I can also review short documents up to 4 pages within our call. If you need more of a critique, I can arrange that. See here for prices.
Whatever your project, you’re a committed writer, you know that the long haul is for you, but you’re struggling to go it alone, or perhaps you keep coming up against a block – or a crisis of confidence. Together we will get you there.
I promise to be on your side throughout the programme, to talk through whatever issues are interfering with your writing, help you set goals and come up with a plan, to hold you accountable and cheer you on.
In return, you commit to working with me, your coach, and to putting aside the necessary time to doing the writing, even when it’s tough.
I’m not a wizard – I can’t wave my wand and make the process effortless. So while writing can be joyful, especially when you develop a daily habit, it can also be hard work – and the coaching will only succeed if you’re committed to buckling down. If struggling to find the time is your issue, we can work on that together.
- This programme includes 16 coaching calls and unlimited email contact.
- Our first first call will last one hour; we’ll talk about your goal, what’s been holding you back, and come up with a detailed plan to make it happen.
- The following skype calls will last 40 minutes and will be scheduled at appropriate intervals. We will discuss your progress and any difficulties you’re having and revise the plan as necessary.
- The programme is tailored around your needs, so each session I’ll encourage you to bring up your most pressing issue at that time, and that’s what we’ll focus on during that call.
- In our final call , we will review how you have got on, and come up with a plan for your next steps.
- In addition, you will also receive regular text messages to check in with your progress, and remind you of your goals. You’ll also receive a set of writing prompts – for you to use as and when you come up against a block.
If there’s anything else you’d like to know, drop me a line or request a call here.