This is for the resolute writer who wants to make big progress on all aspects of their writing career over an extended period of time. We’ll have a call every 3 weeks and you’ll pay monthly. [Cancel anytime]
If you’re in it for the long haul, it’s good to have someone cheering you on.
This programme is for you if you’re determined to make big progress in your writing career and don’t want to put a time limit on it. You’re ready to immerse yourself in whatever it takes to get there. You might want to write or rewrite a big piece of work. Or perhaps you’re eager to sell yourself and your work, but are struggling to know where to start.
We will set a goal and come up with a plan that I will help you stick to week by week. We’ll work on your inner critic and develop your resilience so that you can bounce back from rejection.
I’ll use questions to help uncover the issues or creative blocks that are getting in your way.
I don’t read your work outside of our calls, however, during our calls, you can pitch your idea to me, we can brainstorm together, we can go over covering letters, your bio (for your CV, Twitter or Linkedin), strategies for getting your work out there, how to approach agents, publishers or producers, and I can also review short documents up to 4 pages within our call. If you need more of a critique, I can arrange that. See here for prices.
Whatever your project, you’re a committed writer, you know that the long haul is for you, but you’re struggling to go it alone, or perhaps you keep coming up against a block – or a crisis of confidence. Together we will get you there.
I promise to be on your side throughout the programme, to talk through whatever issues are interfering with your writing, help you set goals and come up with a plan, to hold you accountable and cheer you on.
In return, you commit to working with me, your coach, and to put aside the necessary time to do the writing, even when it’s tough.
I’m not a wizard – I can’t wave my wand and make the process effortless. So while writing can be joyful, especially when you develop a daily habit, it can also be hard work – and the coaching will only succeed if you’re committed to buckling down. If struggling to find the time is your issue, we can work on that together.
- This programme includes 1 coaching call every 3 weeks and unlimited email and Whatsapp contact.
- The first call will last one hour; we’ll talk about what’s been holding you back, set a concrete goal and devise a step-by-step plan to make sure you acheive it.
- The following skype or zoom calls will last up to 60 minutes and will be scheduled at 3-week intervals. We will discuss your progress and any difficulties you’re having.
- As we go, we’ll revise your plan, and try new strategies, as necessary.
- After each call you’ll receive a detailed follow up email with ongoing encouragement and a clear plan of action.
- The programme is tailored around your needs, so each session I’ll encourage you to bring up your most pressing issue at that time, and that’s what we’ll focus on during that call.
- There’s no one size fits all, so if your most urgent need is an inability to focus, that’s what we’ll work on. If on the other hand you need loads of accountability, or you’re struggling with a lack of confidence, or you simply don’t feel worthy enough to be a writer – then that is what we’ll target. Some people have very practical needs. For others it’s more emotional. Whatever you’re struggling with, we’ll work on. And of course this may change from week to week.
- In our final call, we’ll review your progress and agree on your next steps to carry you forward.
- In addition, you can sign up for weekly writing tips (via email), and join my friendly online writing community with monthly zoom chats.
Cost: £110 per month (Cancel any time)
Let’s have a call to talk things over. Book a short free call here.