A three-month coaching programme where you commit to the writing process, get into a rhythm, and develop your writing habit.
Life is easier when there’s someone on your side.
This programme is for you if you want to make headway with a piece of work. It might be a short story or the start of a novel, maybe a short film, or a treatment for a feature film. If you’re already in the midst of a piece of work, but stuck, we could work on getting you unstuck. If you don’t know where to start, we can work on developing a regular writing habit. If you’re afraid to share your work, we will build up your confidence.
I’ll use questions to help uncover any issues or creative blocks that are getting in your way. We will come up with a goal for our coaching calls, and break it down week by week.
I don’t read your work outside of our calls, however, during our calls, you can pitch your idea to me, we can brainstorm together, we can go over covering letters, your bio (for your CV, Twitter or Linkedin),, strategies for getting your work out there, how to approach agents, publishers or producers, and I can also review short documents up to 4 pages within our call. If you need more of a critique, I can arrange that. See here for prices.
Whatever your unique situation, with this programme, you will get some
I promise to be on your side throughout the programme, to talk through whatever issues are interfering with your writing, help you set goals and come up with a plan, to hold you accountable and cheer you on.
In return, you commit to working with me, your coach, and to putting aside the necessary time to doing the writing, even when it’s tough.
I’m not a wizard – I can’t wave my wand and make the process effortless. So while writing can be joyful, especially when you develop a daily habit, it can also be hard work – and the coaching will only succeed if you’re committed to buckling down. If struggling to find the time is your issue, we can work on that together.
- This programme includes 8 coaching calls and unlimited email contact.
- Our first call will last one hour; we’ll talk about your goal, what’s been holding you back, and come up with a detailed plan to make it happen.
- The following skype calls will last 40 minutes and will be scheduled at appropriate intervals. We will discuss your progress and any difficulties you’re having and revise the plan as necessary.
- Each session I’ll encourage you to bring up your most pressing issue at that time, and that’s what we’ll focus on during that call.
- In our final call , we will review how you have got on, and come up with a plan for your next steps.
- In addition, you will also receive regular text messages to check in with your progress, and remind you of your goals. You’ll also receive a set of writing prompts – for you to use as and when you come up against a block.
If there’s anything else you’d like to know, drop me a line or request a call here.